Isle of Man - Crosby
Crosby is a small village 6 km west of Douglas, Isle of Man on
the Isle of Man. It has a population of about 900. The River Dhoo
flows through the village.
The village is situated in the centre of the parish of Marown on the
A1, the main road from Douglas to Peel.
The old St Runius church, which was the original Marown parish
church until the new church was built in 1859, is located in Crosby.
Part of the old church dates back to the 12th century. It was
expanded in 1754. When the new church was built, the original church
was used as a mortuary chapel and part of the east side was
demolished. The building was eventually restored and re-opened on 9
August 1959, with services now held regularly each summer and or
major festivals. The village also has a Methodist chapel. Crosby
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was opened on 6 October 1833.
Marlown Language Centre (Manx: Yn Ynnyd Chengey), a foreign language
teaching facility and training centre for teachers on the island is
located in Crosby, close to the old St Runius Church.
Millennium Way Cottage
Tel: 01624 853349
cottage is newly built and has accommodation over two floors. The
front door opens up to an open plan kitchen, dining area and lounge.
The lounge has french doors opening on to a small deck, with access
to a private grassy garden and pleasant views over the surrounding
Stairs lead on to the second floor which houses two en-suite double
bedrooms, with panoramic views from the master bedroom. The second
double bedroom can function as either a double or twin.
There is an attached garage containing washing and drying facilities
and ample on-site parking. Internet connection is also available.
There are wooden floors throughout the cottage which is furnished to
a high standard.
Bed linen and towels are supplied as is a full Sky tv package, dvd
and cd player. There is also a games room attached to the garage
with pool table and dart board.
Be the 1st Self Catering to appear in
Be the 1st Guest House/B&B to appear in